Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Give Education your best and the best will always come back to you

Looking into another Dimension 
By Kosal Allen MALISO

It all started when I was in preparatory school in the mountains of the Highlands of Papua New Guinea. Most of my early childhood life was spent in Kosal village of Wapenamanda District Enga Province.

At that stage, I did not remember what education is and its importance. It was like my playground, my favourites were kaukau, marble and my play mates. 


Every morning I wake up, the first thing in my mind is my teen ages and my main motive seemed to be playing with them. When my parents told me to go to school I always took the chance playing with my teens and that’s all I thought. But I did not realize I was going through a process.

Beside all these, with this childish memo, somehow, somewhere in my mind, I loved not education but the SOUND of it.

Time elapsed and I could find myself at primary school. At this stage I feared whether I would do grade 9/10. They became something big for me and I felt like I had no potential to be in such grades. The so called university thing was something strange and rare to me and I had no idea about it. When I, sometimes, tried to compare myself with University, it

was like comparing an ant to the whole universe. But despite, I had a burning desire to explore it in my tiny world.

It was like in a night dream I could able to find myself at high school. I could at least feel the pinch of education taking me into exiting dimensions. My dream for education and dream who I want to become in the future started to increase. My days at high school were filled with both joy and hatred. I felt like giving up too when I get low marks and when I thought that there is still a long way to go. But I didn’t give up. I did not followed better marks, D’s or A’s, I SEEKED PASSION and that’s who I was in Education.

The happiest day in my whole life was when somebody whispered to me; “hi Allen; you passed and u name is on the acceptance list to continue Gr 11&12”. Then I asked myself; is this end of my education life? Yes? NO? I had to seek the right answer. It was when I started to understand the importance of education.

It was by any surprise, my worst days in my education cycle were my secondary school lives. I wouldn’t barely sleep, eat well and enjoy the fun out there. There were many challenges on my way. I failed in some areas but I always made myself comfortable with my failures, because there is no way in world you get it all right every time.

But there was a time when my hard work and never dying desire was finally honoured when I was accepted to university. That really opened me up in ways I hadn’t expected. But still this was not the end for me. There is still more to do than lower schools. It was this place that I realized my hidden potential that brought me this far.

It was like a blink of an eye soon I will leave university life and move to another chapter in life that is out there. I have only 10 more days before I leave school. I believe God has more great plans for me and I need to fulfil them.

I just want to say one thing; love education, give education your best and the best will come back to you.

With that, I want to thank only one person in my life that is GOD.
Besides, I also want to thank another important person in my life, My MUM. My success is a result of your hard work and sacrifices toward my education. Thank you mum…

I look forward to a next life that is out there…

No comments: